When this original 17th century stone villa was first purchased over 10 years ago, right on the river near Callian, it had been abandoned for many years and left to decay. Six years were taken in restoring the property to its traditional charm, chipping away at the worn-out additions of over the years, the house's authentic personality was discovered, such as the original stonework throughout. Finally, the potential had been realized in the fully equipped, family-friendly French country house that it is today. This house has been designed and appointed for the owners pleasure and comfort. A place to enjoy retreating from the noise and pace of everyday life to the particular style of casual tranquility found only in Provence.
The delightful perched village of Callian is only about 1km or a 20 minute walk, and just up the road is the newly opened "Château de Camiole" spa resort with fitness centre, restaurant and bar. Shops are plentful on the main road leading to Callian, with several good size supermarkets, vegetable and bread markets within a 5 minutes drive of Maison de Famille. A good selection of shops are also available at the nearby villages of Montaroux and Fayence, plus shopping along the main road from Lac St Cassien to Draguignan.
Watersports are available at the near by "Lac St Cassien" and the nearest famous Riviera beaches are only a 30 minute drive. Nearby "Terre Blanche" is the local golf course and sports centre.
This secure and gated, lovely sunny, south facing home, with private pool 11m x 6m x 1.5m deep, is being reluctantly sold, and you are all encouraged to come and see for yourself all the comforts and pleasures of Provençal life at Maison de Famille at Callian.
With six bedrooms, three sitting rooms, and a game room in addition to more than two acres of natural garden outside, Maison de Famille has more than enough space for two families, your extended family, a group of friends, or business associates to enjoy time together without feeling crowded.
The heart of the terracotta-tiled ground floor features:
- An open plan kitchen and eating area, whose south-facing French doors to the terrace bring the outside in. Fully equipped for simple or gourmet cooking, this kitchen could easily become the centre of your family life here. But there's so much more to do!
Also on the ground floor are two separate sitting rooms and a games room.
- The smaller sitting room doubles as a computer room: two sofas make space for cosy conversation, while the desk can be set up with Wi-fi, telephone and printer for easy Internet surfing anytime.
- The front lounge has satellite TV/DVD. At the centre of the house, opening into all three rooms, is
- The games room, which has a snooker table as its central feature, alterrnatively this could also make a wonderful dining room.
- In addition, the second-floor library offers a hideout – to read, watch TV or even get some work done in the mezzanine office – or even a 7th bedroom! Climb the wide stone and timber stairway to the upper two floors, renovated throughout to accent the house's authentic charm – beamed ceilings, smooth stone walls, and natural sisal carpets. Six spacious bedrooms ensure deep sleep and sweet dreams for many people.
On the first floor, two bedrooms have king sized beds that can also be separated into two singles, one having TV with Sky, telephone and en suite bathroom. The third bedroom is perfect for children, with twin beds or could be made into another double.
Climbing the stairs again you will find the 4th bedroom which has a queen size bed with wrought iron frame, a skylight that brings natural light flooding into the room, 2 wooden beams that are suspended below ceiling level and a TV connected to Sky satellite. Double doors connect directly to the 5th bedroom with another queen size bed. This bedroom looks directly down onto the pool below and also has 2 wooden beams that are suspended just below the ceiling. Next to the shower room is a 6th bedroom with enough space for a double bed.
At Maison de Famille there are 5 bathrooms/shower/wet rooms, all recently refurbished in Italian style. From the hallway on the ground level there is an open shower room with a toilet and washbassin, very handy for when you are in the kitchen or by the pool.
On the 1st floor you will find a very large en suite bathroom off bedroom 1 with a full-sized bath, hand held shower, 2 separate washbasins, a toilet, with beamed ceiling.
For the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms there is shower/wet room, washbasin and toilet.
On the 2nd floor there is a bathroom with full size bath, washbasin and a toilet. There is also another shower/wet room with a washbasin and toilet which serve the 2 double bedrooms.
Gas and electric central heating.
Rooms: 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 ensuite), 3 shower rooms, 5 WCs
Appliances included in the sale: Refrigerator/freezer, cooker, dishwasher, microwave, full-size washing machine and tumble dryer, Sky Satellite TV box, DVD player, CD player, telephone.
Games room: snooker table, table tennis table.
Gated property with electric gates.